Jaipal Homes, Flat No. 101, Kondapur. Hyderabad-500084, India +918011560748; +91 7003017920 | email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org ________________________________________________________________________________ Summary ________________________________________________________________________________ Hi, I am Amarendranath Choudhury from West Bengal, India. I have completed my doctoral research at Assam University, Silchar, India. I have handled two major research projects (DBT & DST) throughout my Ph.D. tenure (2012-2017); one of them was in collaboration with Indian Institute of Chemical Biology. My doctoral research was focused on neurodegenerative disorders and Parkinson's disease was the core area of my thesis. I have contributed effectively in 17 international publications (11 first authorship), including one book chapter (cumulative RG score 17.24). I am a prolific reader; passionate researcher and I can’t think any other profession except research for my career. Presently, I am working as an Assistant Manager at CTO-6 Site Investigation Facilities of Dr. Reddy's Laboratories. I'm learning every day to enrich myself as a complete researcher. ________________________________________________________________________________
Education ________________________________________________________________________________ Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
2013 - 2017 (Assam University, Silchar) Thesis title: Effect of Hypercholesterolemia on Parkinsonism: A Behavioural and Neurochemical Investigation. Supervisor: Dr. Anupom Borah, Assistant Professor, Assam University, Silchar, Assam, India, PIN: 788011. Institution: Department of Life Science & Bioinformatics, Assam University, Silchar, Assam, India Ph.D. Registration number: Ph.D./2424/2013; Ph.D. degree Award date: 08/08/2017
Master of Science (M.Sc.) 2009 - 2011 (Visva Bharati, Santiniketan) I have completed my Masters study in Zoology with First Class Marks
2003 - 2004 (Bhatpara Amarkrishna Pathsala (Under WBBSE) I have completed my 10th grade study with First class marks. ________________________________________________________________________________ Honorary Positions ________________________________________________________________________________
Edelweiss: Psychiatry Open Access ________________________________________________________________________________ Membership ________________________________________________________________________________ International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society, East Wells Street, Milwaukee, USA.
Indian Academy of Neuroscience, CSIR -Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, India.
Indian National Science Academy, Delhi, India 110002
FORCE11: The Future ofResearch Communication and e-Scholarship: San Diego, USA ________________________________________________________________________________ Research Related Work experience ________________________________________________________________________________
Senior Research Analyst (M2) January 2017- Present Pulsus Inc. ; Hyderabad, India
Neuroscience was the subject area of my doctoral study. I have worked on Neurodegenerative diseases and my research established a putative association between hypercholesterolemic diet and occurrence of Parkinson's disease, which was the first ever report among similar kind of research.
Start Date: 20th January, 2013; Award Date: 8th August 2017. Total Duration: 5 Years 7 Months
It was an extended work of my M.Sc. dissertation under the supervision of Prof. Samar Kr. Saha. ________________________________________________________________________________ Publication Details ________________________________________________________________________________
1. Anupom Borah, Rajib Paul, Sabanum Choudhury, Amarendranath Choudhury, Bornalee Bhuyan, Anupam Das Talukdar, Manabendra Dutta Choudhury & Kochupurackal P Mohanakumar. Neuroprotective Potential of Silymarin against CNS Disorders: Insight into the Pathways and Molecular Mechanisms of Action. CNS Neuroscience and Therapeutics 2013, 45(3): 317-24. . IF: 4.445
3. Rajib Paul,Amarendranath Choudhury, Sabanum Choudhury, Khairujjaman Mazumder. Anupom Borah. Cholesterol in pancreatic β-cell death and dysfunction: underlying mechanisms and pathological implications. Pancreas Journal. 2016, 45(3): 317-24. IF: 3.09
4. Nivedita Bhattacharjee, Muhammed Khairujjaman Mazumder, Rajib Paul,AmarendranathChoudhury, Sabanum Choudhury, Anupom Borah. L-DOPA treatment in MPTP-mouse model of Parkinson’s disease potentiates homocysteine accumulation in substantia nigra. 2016. Neuroscience Letters.IF: 2.224
5. Amarendranath Choudhury*, Rajib Paul*, Anupom Borah. Hypercholesterolemia causes psycho-motor abnormalities in mice at the expense of altered cortico-striatal biogenic amine neurotransmitters: relevance to Parkinson’s disease. Neurochemistry International. 2016. pii: S0197-0186(16)30231-5. IF: 3.334
6. Amarendranath Choudhury*, Rajib Paul*, Anupom Borah (2016). Cholesterol contributes to dopamine-neuronal loss in MPTP mouse model of Parkinson’s disease: Involvement of mitochondrial dysfunction and oxidative stress. PLoS One. 12(2):e0171285. IF: 3.43
7. Indrajeet Chakraborty,Amarendranath Choudhury*, Tuhin Subhra Banerjee (2017) Arti cial Intelligence in Biological Data Management. J Inform Tech Softw Eng 7(3): 207. IF: 0.41
8. Amarendranath Choudhury*, Dhilleswara Rao, Jagadeesh Varma R, Tuhin Subhra Banerjee, Arun Kumar R, Dattatreya Adapa. Cognitive and Psychological Anomalies in Parkinson’s Disease: An Insight into Non-Motor Characteristic Features. Neuropsychiatry 7(6):1069–1080 (2017). IF: 4.77
9. Amarendranath Choudhury. Retromer dysfunction causes synucleinopathy in Parkinson’s disease: Pharmacological chaperons as a therapeutic intervention. Neurochemistry International. (Major revision)
10. Amarendranath Choudhury*, Anupom Borah* Rajib Paul, Md. Khairujjaman Mazumder, Swapnali Chetia (2016). Neuroprotective effect of Ayurvedic preparations and natural products on Parkinson’s disease. In: Brahmachari (Ed.): Neuroprotective Natural Products, Clinical Aspects and Mode of Action. Wiley-VCH Publication. Berlin. Germany. [Book Chapter] 11. Amarendranath Choudhury. A transient mice model of Parkinsonism: An experimental evidence of psycho-motor behavioral recovery. Neurochemistry International. 2017 (Revision*). IF: 3.32
12. Amarendranath Choudhury, Tuhin Subhra Banerjee, Indrajeet Chakraborty. Neuroenhancing Phytochemicals in Health and Disease: An insight into Ayurvedic Phytotherapy. OmniScriptum GmbH & Co. KG. [Book, in press]
13.Amarendranath Choudhury, Indrajeet Chakraborty, Tuhin Subhra Banerjee, Dhilleswara Rao Vana, Dattatreya Adapa. Efficacy of Morin as a Potential Therapeutic Phytocomponent: Insights into the Mechanism of Action. Int J Med Res Health Sci. 2017. 6(11): 175-194. IF: 0.73
14. Rudrarup Bhattacharjee, Karishma Das Purkayastha, Dattatreya Adapa, Amarendranath Choudhury*, CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing system in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Journal of RNAi and Gene Silencing 2017:13(13):545-551. IF: 3.25
15. Amarendranath Choudhury, Effect and Disease Indicative Role of Inflammation in Neurodegenerative pathology: A Mechanistic Cross-talk of Promise and Dilemma. Neuropsychiatry8(1): 739-749. IF: 4.77
16. Amarendranath Choudhury, Neurochemicals, Behaviours and Psychiatric Perspectives of Neurological Diseases. Neuropsychiatry (Minor Revision). IF: 4.77
17. Amarendranath Choudhury, Rudrarup Bhattacharjee, Dattatreya Adapa, Indrajeet Chakraborty, Tuhin Subhra Banerjee, Dhilleshwara Rao Vana. Understanding the Role of Resveratrol in Major Neurological and Lifestyle Diseases: An Insight into Molecular Mechanisms and Druggability. Pharm. Bioprocess. (2018) 6(2), 064–083. IF: 0.47
[7 more articles in communication stage] ________________________________________________________________________________ Seminar, Conferences, and Workshop ________________________________________________________________________________
1. Workshop title: Advances in Computational Neuroscience 2014. Venue: Department of Biomedical Engineering, North-Eastern Hill University, Meghalaya, India.
2. Seminar title: Science since Linnaeus, 2008 Venue: Bidhannagar Govt. College, Bidhannagar Road, India.
3. Conference title: National Conference on CME in Immunology Venue: West Bengal State University, Nilganj Road., Barasat (India)
4. M.Sc. Dissertation title: Efficacy of Acacia auriculiformis FPD as a Fish toxicant. Talk Venue: Visva Bharati, Santiniketan
5.Conference title: Recent advances and scope in Herbal Technology: Challenges and Prospects, 2016. Venue: Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Assam University, Silchar. Poster title: Effect of Pomegranate juice on Parkinson’s disease: A behavioural and neurochemical investigation. Authors: Swapnali Chetia*,Amarendranath Choudhury*, Rajib Paul, Anupom Borah.
6. Conference title: Recent advances and scope in Herbal Technology: Challenges and Prospects, 2016’. Venue: Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Assam University, Silchar. Poster title: Fruit pulp of Garcinia sp. protects against behavioural symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. Authors: Rajat Nath*,Amarendranath Choudhury*, Rajib Paul, Sanjeev Kumar, Anupom Borah.
7. Conference title: Recent advances and scope in Herbal Technology: Challenges and Prospects, 2016’. Venue: Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Assam University, Silchar. Poster title: Garcinol a plant component of Garcinia sp. ameliorates brain dysfunctions: Relevance to Parkinson’s disease. Authors: Amarendranath Choudhury, Rajib Paul, Anupom Borah.
8. Workshop title: IBRO-APRC School of Neuroscience, Molecular advancement in Neurobiology. Venue: Benaras Hindu University, Varanasi, UP, India. Poster title: High cholesterol diet causes alteration in brain biogenic amine neurotransmitters and display pasy-motor behavioural abnormalities in mice. Authors: Rajib Paul*, Amarendranath Choudhury*, Sabanum Choudhury, Anupom Borah.
9. Annual Meeting & conference title: Indian Academy of Neuroscience, Molecules to Mind. Venue: National Brain Research Center, Manesar, Delhi. Poster & Paper title: Elevated cholesterol levels in Parkinson’s disease potentiate dopaminergic neurodegeneration by diminishing mitochondrial functions’. Authors: AmarendranathChoudhury*, Rajib Paul, Anupom Borah.
10. Annual Meeting & conference title: Indian Academy of Neuroscience, Molecules to Mind. Venue: National Brain Research Center, Manesar, Delhi. Poster & Paper title: L-DOPA treatment potentiates psycho-motor behavioral abnormities in mice model of hepatic encephalopathy. Authors: Sabanum Choudhury*, AmarendranathChoudhury*, Rajib Paul, Anupom Borah. ________________________________________________________________________________ Research and Digital Skills ________________________________________________________________________________ Research Skills
Electron Microscopy: SEM & TEM (Performed in Burdwan University & NEHU)
Microtomy: Familiar with -200C Cryotome (Thermo-Fisher. USA).
Determination of Concentration: Spectrophotometer, Spectrofluorometer (Thermo-Fisher, USA)
Chromatography: HPLC, ECD system (WATER’S System).
Staining: Immunohistochemical staining (HRP and ALP substrate solution system). H-E staining, Congo Red staining, Picro-Syrious staining.
OS. Platforms : Windows, Linux
Web Related: Internet, E-mail, and Data mining ________________________________________________________________________________ Research Responsibilities ________________________________________________________________________________ Present work responsibilities:
Preparation and reviewing scientific statement intended for publication.
Research Manuscript review and assist editorial team for quality monitoring.
Participating in the training program to teach new members about the work-flow and work Responsibilities
Pre-Quality Control Editorial review of scientific articles for their relevance and fact checkup
Preparation of comments on submitted articles for their further processing
Rational and logical fact checkup for submitted reviewer's comments
Authenticity of data and Ethical concerns of publication
Previous work responsibilities:
Designing research work and handling the total experimental tasks in laboratory premises.
Animal care and maintenance for experiment according to the institutional animal ethical regulations
Hypercholesterolemic and Parkinsonian rodent model preparation and validation.
Dissection and tissue processing for immunohistochemistry, histology, HPLC and cytological staining purposes
Collection of experimental data and analysis of the same for potential research outcome
Discussion with supervisor and data interpretation with proper scientific integrity.
Collaboration with national and international research personnel to exchange intellectual database for the potential assistance to ongoing research
Drafting and editing of manuscript with adequate linguistic and intellectual support.
Statistical and software based support to the extracted data from experiments.
Light Microscopic and Electron Microscopic data analysis.
Addressing the comments from reviewers and assisting best to publish the research outcome.
Developing, reviewing and editing presentable visual data for self-presentation or for supervisor.
Leading experimental works of two Govt. of India funded project. ________________________________________________________________________________ Awards, Fellowships and Scholarships ________________________________________________________________________________
Elsevier has awarded with 'Certificate of Recognized Reviewer' for Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology; awarded September, 2017
Elsevier has awarded with 'Certificate of Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing' for Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology; awarded November, 2017
Qualified SLET/SET(NE Region) in 2014 with Rank of 09
Awarded Project Assistant Fellowship by DST (Govt. of India)
Awarded Junior Research Fellowship by the DBT (Govt. of India) for the session 2012-2014
Awarded Senior Research Fellowship by the DBT (Govt. of India) for the session 2014-2015
Awarded Special Merit Prize for Zoology by Swami Sukhdevenanda Ji (Rahara Ramakrishna Mission) for securing second highest marks in Zoology
Awarded Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship from Govt. of West Bengal (2009-2011)”.
Awarded ACSTC ‘Medha Sandhan’ Fellowship by the Govt. of West Bengal
Received Second Position in Science and cultural meet 2006, Organized by All Bengal Cultural Association.
Received 'Primary Final Examination' Scholarship from Govt. of West Bengal, India
________________________________________________________________________________ Teaching/R&D experience ________________________________________________________________________________ 1. Assistant Teacher in Laha Academy [Taught Zoology to B.Sc. and M.sc. Students for VB RET; 2010-2012]
2. Senior Quality Control Analyst in Pulsus Group Inc. [01 Jan 2017-Present]
3. Biology Subject Expert at Chegg Education USA. [2016-Present, Frelancing]
________________________________________________________________________________ Area of Research ________________________________________________________________________________ Cellular & Molecular Neurobiology, Neurochemistry,
Behavioural Neuroscience, Parkinson’s Disease, Neurodegenerative disorders, Fish and Fisheries
[Authorized publons.com data has been provided below.] ________________________________________________________________________________ My Online Researcher Database ________________________________________________________________________________
Publons:https://publons.com/author/1354293/dr-amarendranath-choudhury#profile ________________________________________________________________________________ Other Details ________________________________________________________________________________ My Research Work Published in-
Dr. Anupom Borah, Assistant Professor, Department of Life Science & Bioinformatics, Assam University, Silchar – 788011, India. E-mail: email@example.com [Ph.D. Supervisor]
Prof. Samar Kumar Saha, Professor, Department of Zoology, Siksha Bhavana Visva Bharati Santiniketan; Bolpur-731235, West Bengal, India; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com [M.Sc. Dissertation Supervisor]
Prof. Sanjeev Kumar Puniya, Professor, Department of Life Science & Bioinformatics, Assam University, Silchar – 788011, India. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Anirudha Giri, Professor, Department of Life Science & Bioinformatics, Assam University, Silchar – 788011, India. E-mail: email@example.com
Dr. Surjya Kumar Saikia, Assistant Professor, Department of Zoology, Siksha Bhavana Visva Bharati Santiniketan. Bolpur-731235, West Bengal, India. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ________________________________________________________________________________ Personal Information ________________________________________________________________________________
Father’s Name: Raghunath Choudhury.
Mother’s Name: Ratna Choudhury.
Birth Date: 11-07-1988
Place of Birth: Durganagar, Kankinara, West Bengal (INDIA).
Category: General. ________________________________________________________________________________ Scientific Keywords and Linguistics Skills ________________________________________________________________________________
I hereby declare that the particulars mentioned above are true to the best of my knowledge and belief. Necessary actions, deemed fit, may be taken against me if I am found guilty of producing wrong information.